The sun rotates into view on the great bulkhead of the Cornucopia as the ship slowly turns, locked in its geostationary orbit with Halcandra. For the many crew members on the busy ship, this is the beginning of their “day”.
A rather unlikely pair stirs from their twin cots in one of the rooms. Dusty lavender paws reach for a control panel to shut off the insistent tones of the bedside alarm, and a rather chirpy voice cuts through the early morning din: “Engineer Taavi Aare, reporting for duty!” The self-same Taavi flutters down from his bunk, pausing only long enough to shoot a glance at his Simirror friend on her own cot. She’s already up and dressed for the day, as usual; waking before her alarm again, for her daily rituals before the mirror in their room.
They’ve been working on the Cornucopia for over a year now; their longest placement in what feels like forever. Taavi and Nura are almost getting used to a sort of routine, which is just about unheard of in their busy, adventurous lives. But the call of the novel is always there for them both, cloying and insistent… just where will they go next, on the Cornucopia or somewhere else? What new things will they do, what new people will they meet? They’re eager to find that out.
Taavi polishes the instrument panel on a new handheld transponder as Nura adjusts the bevelling of the glass on a freshly-blown window. As they look over their common working space, they feel a sense of giddy readiness - a wonder in what the world might hold in store. And as Nura clicks the button on the broadband communicator, setting it to “Broadcast”, Taavi breaks in with a smile.
"Hey, everybody! I don’t know who’s up and around today, but I’m Taavi! Me and my best friend Nura, we want to say hello to everyone today on the Cornucopia's new communicator system! I can just tell we’re all going to be great friends.”
Nura smiles, but for now is content to watch the readout screens as she works… and maybe, if she waits, she will learn more about the wide world that she and Taavi live in.
Four, for the art meme.
((gijinka keeby wouldn’t show off his body. no topless for him))
((he doesn’t get to have one of these so for him these are rad))
((12 i hope this will help))
((i dunno if 02 sees Keeby as a friend, but Keeby sees 02 as his friend.))
Whooo! It’s really hard to believe this blog actually reached 200 hundred followers already! Usually I’d do a stream to celebrate buuuut lately I’ve been pressed for time, so that’s not gonna be happening lD Sorry!
So instead, I’d thought I’d do a little give away instead, since all you awesome people deserve a little something for putting up with this idiot of a mun~
- You must be following the blog (This is a giveaway for the followers after all~)
- Likes do count, but please only reblog once (I don’t want people’s dashes getting spammed with this, that’d just be rude)
- Have your ask box/submissions box open so I can contact you if you win! If you don’t have it open after a few days, I will have to pick another winner.
- I will be using a randomizer to pick out the winners, so who wins is completely at random
- Prizes don’t /have/ to be Kirby, and can be anything you want, as long as it is safe for work
- Prizes can also not contain more than two characters per picture-
- All drawings will have either No BG, or a transparent BG
PRIZES (THE FUN PART)
- A detailed drawing
- A Flat Color
- a Sketch
- Two Flat Colors and a Sketch
- OR Two Sketches and a Flat color
- 3 Sketches (What a shock I’m sure)
EXAMPLES AND STUFF
So yay! Thanks to everyone for following this blog, leaving questions and everything else you’ve all done to help this blog get better~
The last day to reblog this is the 29th of July! I wish you all luck, and once again, thank you all for everything~
(if you have any questions, feel free to ask me on here, or pop on over to my main blog and pester me there~)
OC Art Meme!!!
Send a number and I’ll draw my OC:
- In what they normally wear
- In what I’m currently wearing
- In a school uniform
- In swimwear
- In underwear
- With no clothes on
- In winter clothes
- In fancy clothes
- Making 3 different expressions
- Standing on their hands
- With their favorite animal
- Hanging out with a friend
- Sitting on the couch
- Doing something they don’t normally do
- Playing a sport
- Beaten up
- As a kid/adult
- Wearing a funny hat